Thursday, October 8, 2009

AT70 BloodPact tank scratch built

Here it is folks, my first attempt at scratchbuilding is done minus the rivets.  It's a Blood Pact AT70 to be used as a "counts as" Leman Russ.

Overall pic, showing off the brass etchings.













Front hull.  Barbette is built up around an IG large road wheel.  Lascannon is magnetized.






















Scratchbuilt driver's hatch and viewport.  Still need to fill in the hole from the compass.





















Up close and personal.  Spare tracks attached to the front hull.  Hmm, the barbette armor looks a little off center, I'll trim some away from the left.
Side hull with sponson.  













Right rear angle showing off the scratch built shelf, exposed road wheels and brass etch.



















Side shot with sponson removed and armor in its place.  The plasticard filling the gap is not quite level, I'll have to adjust that so it looks more like an access panel.

13 comments:

  1. I risk death at the hands of the Inquisition but ....

    That's sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a top notch scratch-build
    well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Impressive! :) Love the Brass Etching touches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you cut away the skirting to expose the road wheels! The drivers viewport and hatch are looking great too! Time for the rivets...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful build - well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding work sir! my only suggestion would be a muzzle brake on the end of the main cannon, but that's just my personal taste not a criticism. It just looks a bit plane compared with all the details on the rest of the AT70. That brass etch is superb also :)ohh maybe wrap a chaos undivided symbol round the end of the barrel anyway I'll shut up now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, now I know who to commission if I ever need some scratch built tanks.

    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that shelf! it was the gateway my little treadhead. looks fraking awesome. now let's go spill some eldar blood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your work. An excellent modification using the perfect combination of plasticard, brass and original model kit. You get a variant of a tank that is clearly 40K but not just the run of the mill traitor Leman Russ.

    Blitzspear is right about the muzzle brake though. A muzzle brake or bore evacuator similar to the one on a U.S. M1 tank would give the barrel a more finished look. Of course some cammo netting wrapped around the barrel would have a similar effect.

    I look forward to seeing more of your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always inspire me with your conversion, Reu. To bad I'm not playing a human army anymore, they always have the best tanks.

    Ah well, at least I get nifty looking wraithlords now. =P

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's Heresy! Burn the Heretic!

    Damn fine scratch build, kudos on the use of multiple mediums!

    ReplyDelete