Saturday, November 12, 2016

Astartes Embiggerizing - Blog new-format take 2

Trying to change the blog format to the fancy new style seemed to break RSS feeds so here we are back to the old style, with a few things streamlined.

Two different Embiggerized Astartes techniques
Some bits just arrived in the mail so I thought I'd tack them together. On the right is an Astartes from Calth. He's been carefully cut at both shins and both thighs, where plasticard spacers were added. The pelvis contains a spacer as well. I think he looks good, but it was a ton of work.

On the left are my freshly arrived bits: Grey Knight terminator torso, Calth terminator legs, head I had laying around. Done. I think I'll remove the grey knight details, including the hood, and raise the head up a bit so it's above the shoulders, which is a good place for it to be on a (post)human(ish) frame.

2 comments:

  1. I do like both of your embiggarised muhrines. I'm not going there, it's too much work.

    But before you start stripping the details off of the guy in the MkIIIish outfit; do you really need to ? Understand about the psy/hood but the other details could be appopriate, depending on who he is (?)

    There's me gettin' all bludpacktie and there's you going space marinish. 'Tis a mad world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's going to be a Charcharadon Astra so plain is best, but even if not it's all too recognizable as Grey Knight. Maybe if I was making a Word Bearer I could leave it.

      Looking forward to your Pact. If you need extra bits I can't recommend Anvil Industry's Regiment line enough. Great casts and such nice details.

      Delete